Best weekend ever - a follow up of Valentine's Day.

Sorry, no intelligent post today, just me being shiny :] Took a day off work to chill out at uni and take some souvenir photos. Treated myself to chocolate cake with cold milk, best!! Also, observe - the cutest little tree ever! :]

Also, the uni has a cute population of crimson rosellas :] But, even cuter than the rosellas...

Amanda has the pink bottle. Alison has the happy face. Both cuties :] Both dancers. Both sweeties. And...single. hahaha.

Wasn't all sunshine and roses at this meeting though. I dunno about you guys, but when you -finish- something, you don't like it when it changes. If you finish washing the dishes, you don't want to come back in an hour to see a new pile of dishes that's just as big as the old one. If you finish cleaning a guest room to impress your visitors, you don't want to see it defiled with detritus, debris and other suitably messy sounding "de-" words!
In this case...I had designed a logo for the club. It had gone through 3 revisions and had so much tohught put in:
It was gender neutral - we welcome all dancers.
It works when it is very very small, like a business card, but also very very large, like a banner.
Someone who's never seen it before can take a good guess at what we're about :]
Look.We got some new hothead designer, who proudly proclaimed he was so good at photoshop and would be a great replacement for me. Judgment day came for him to reveal designs for a business card, and his -best- design...was my logo, copy pasted three times then squashed down 50% in height. You think you're better than me but this is all you can do are you kidding??? This makes me so mad!!! >:O

Spent a few hours at a local museum and gallery I had never visited before, I took about 250 photos there! Not only that, I must have looked very unusual with my big expensive looking camera, while wearing a muddy and sweaty black muscle top! Observe my reflection below...

I really love this photo. My reflection on the left mainly...it's quite faint, but if you look hard, I obviously look fit but the way I'm holding the camera, I somehow look childish and diminuitive also. Perfect reflection of me. :]

This is Ben and Alix. Alix dropped me a message saying she had a present for me, so I had to come visit. This is us putting some origami together, just chillin' out. Alix just had her last day of work, after 5 years!! It's good to escape the pressure of...everything.

Here's one of the resultant origami :]

As for my present, well...I mentioned once to Alix that I wondered what I'd be like while high. After seeing my bright and energetic self while drunk, Alix decided she must see what I'm like after a few puffs, and had acquired a couple of joints! What I didn't really realise was that the first time you try these, you don't really feel much. I had a happy laughing fit for a minute, but that was all...until next time!

Now, for the juicy news.

After my time with Ben and Alix, the guys back home had started a guys day in to play Street Fighter, drink beer and be male. As fate would have it though, we didn't have a copy of street fighter, and one of the guys decided to run home to get his copy and I went with him. Of course, I forgot that the girls were having a girl's day there, and I ran into the girl I kissed on Valentine's day today - over a month since we'd last seen each other! I remembered that I'd promised her that things wouldn't be weird between us, so I tried to talk to her. I have an image burned into my head of the moment I hugged her and her head turning away...and it was awkward. Not to be dissuaded, I tried to talk to her again as she retreated and distracted herself with a shiny iPhone.

Weird and awkward.

The guy found Street Fighter and we left the house, though I was feeling pretty pissed off. The last thing I said to her was "we'll have to meet up sometime" or something to that effect...we all know that's code for "I'm never going to call you again." I decided on the way home that I'd do something with one of the new girls in the dance club.

I got home, and was damn glad to be hanging out with the fellas to play some street fighter. My housemate's girlfriend left us to do our thing and went to the girl's day and stuff...I thought nothing of it.

She got back a couple of hours later...I sure was surprised to hear what she had to say. Valentine's day girl had bursted out to her that she was completely shocked by my visit and didn't have a clue what to say. What didn't help was that I "looked so hot" and managed to blank her mind out. Valentine's day girl babbled to my friend that she was immensely confused, that she had a huge crush on me, I was an amazing kisser, I was so different from the arseholes she's used to dating etc...but she thought - get this - that she'd be taking something away from me by dating me...what?

What?

What???

I talked this over with a lot of people. People were quick to point out that she ditched me in the first place, and also that if she has these kinds of communication issues, is that a person I really want to be in a relationship with?

That was two weeks ago now. I haven't decided to do anything with her...but for the heck of it, I think I'll ask her to high tea soon. Hmm...it occurred to me that I wanted to do high tea to avoid the stereotype dinner date, but is high tea so much better? Hah...