Life is so damn busy =T
in random musings on Saturday, May 1, 2010
Why the heck is nothing getting done? This is how much I have on my plate right now.
IT. The career path I spent so many years earning a degree in. The work I do keeps calling me, though the pay is peanuts.
Design. The career path I want to chase, leaving IT mostly behind. I have a a bunch of design jobs on right now - a logo for a photography studio, the dance club website, a Dragonball Z game website and a logo to represent myself. As non designers you may not understand how much time is required to complete a design of any kind - believe me, like any artwork or work of passion, it's never really finished, only abandoned.
Dance. I've been dancing in bits and pieces since early 2008, since age 21. I'm 23 now, and have helped start a dance club at a university of academics, with no love for dance, where there was no dance scene before.
Let me just stress how hard this is. Yes, this is a university, which is full of older teenies and twenty-somethings. But these are all smart kids, academics. Many have never taken formal dance lessons, never mind something as carefree and creative as hip hop. This university had virtually no dance scene or love for dance at all.
It's early 2010 now, and the dance club is now blossoming into something enormous. People are showing a love for dance now, but to keep up with this demand, I will have to learn/choreograph a new routine for these peeps until I decide I no longer love dance. Which, probably won't happen. I also have to practice for a performance in two weeks time. No one will rise to a leadership position, so that leaves me. This means I have to learn more than anyone else. Also as leader, I have the "privilege" of being the star of the show with a 20 second solo. As a true introvert I'm not sure if I want the attention.
Martial Art. The hobby I abandoned in 2007 because I wanted to pursue dance will not leave me alone. I have a protege, who is strong enough and skilled enough to defeat me, but will not do so. I want him to hurry up and beat me, so he'll feel compelled to move to a stronger teacher, but I think he fears he will not be able to find another. In addition, word spreading of my (limited) talents keeps attracting new potential students, and I'm having trouble saying no to them. I have to seriously consider quitting martial art for good (again), if I'm to ever achieve anything.
Driving. Or lack thereof. I have 5 months to go from a learner driver to provisional, or one who can drive without supervision.
Busy. Busy. Busy.
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 1:19 AM and is filed under random musings. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.
- No comments yet.