Things I hate knowing - I don't have everything I need to be happy

Some time ago, I wrote down the things I need to be happy. A short list, of only 7 things, which should be easy to get. They were:

1. A best friend.
2. A best skill.
3. A favourite food.
4. Being with people.
5. Being alone.
6. Good hair.
7. Realisation that what I have, is worth having.

I also blogged elsewhere, the 10 Rules of being Human. In particular, this rule:

Happiness will not be "there" if it is not "here".



I've realised, that I do not have those things, and that I am also wrong.

1. I do not have a best friend. I have no one that I am bursting to tell my news to. Instead, I'm suppressed by the overflowing news I hear from everyone else. People who don't care for the happenings of my life. Things boil within me instead of bursting out.
2. I do not have a best skill. My martial arts skills are worthless, my dance skills are worthless, my academic skills are worthless. This is irritating.
3. Well, I do have a favourite food. Several in fact. Thank goodness.
4. People do not make me happy. Only my "best friends" make me happy, but as I said, I no longer have them. How annoying.
5. I have not had anywhere near as much time alone as I need.
6. There isn't a whole lot I can do about this. Even more annoying.
7. No, what I have is not enviable.

Also, the rule of happiness is wrong. If a person cannot be happy "here", that doesn't condemn them from being happy "there". What about depressed people who can recover?



So, since this blog doesn't have any followers besides me, something is going to change. I'm not going to devote time to writing posts on the things that I have learned, unless I really want to. I'm only going to record those things that make me happy, the things that would be worth sharing to my best friends if there were any. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start recording my dance freestyles. :]

My new list of happy things is:

1. A best skill. Just dance for now. Martial art and drawing later.
2. My students.
3. A favourite food.
4. Hugs.
5. Time to look back.

And also importantly, is my list of sad things that I keep letting eat me.

1. Being "me" as other people have decided. My life belongs to me.